Vitamin C by Allen
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is an essential nutrient and antioxidant that is used by the body for various purposes. Here are some common uses of vitamin C:
- Boosting Immunity: Vitamin C plays a vital role in supporting the immune system. It helps stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are necessary for fighting off infections and diseases.
- Collagen Production: Vitamin C is crucial for the synthesis of collagen, a protein that is essential for maintaining healthy skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. It promotes wound healing and supports the structure of various body tissues.
- Antioxidant Protection: As an antioxidant, vitamin C helps protect the body against damage caused by harmful free radicals. It neutralizes these unstable molecules and prevents oxidative stress, which can lead to chronic diseases like heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Iron Absorption: Vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron from plant-based sources (non-heme iron). Consuming vitamin C-rich foods alongside iron-rich foods or supplements can improve iron absorption, particularly important for individuals prone to iron deficiency or following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Skin Health: Vitamin C is popularly used in skincare products due to its ability to brighten the skin, reduce hyperpigmentation, and promote a more even skin tone. It also possesses anti-ageing properties and can help protect against environmental damage from sun exposure.
- Eye Health: Vitamin C may contribute to maintaining healthy eyesight by protecting against conditions like cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which can lead to vision loss.
- Absorbic Acid
- 30 Tablets
1 per day
Out of stock